JORDAN MANG-OSAN SOLAR MAN OF THE PHILIPPINES | ART TALK #solarartist #jordanmangosan #philippineart #promotingartsandculture


Join this channel to get access to perks:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc3i42XvwIxPGghIWPucgQ/join

ENJOY MY RAW! Here at ARTURA Let's Love Art and Culture!


This video vlog is a segment of Art Talk part of the ARTURA. dedicated to the artist I interviewed who have lessons to learn from their sacrifices and dedication, to work hard to uphold our rich history and culture. I made to support our brothers and sisters in the arts. An artist plays an important role in recognizing our culture. This is another education and documentary on the creative person. I hope they will be inspired by their sacrifices and dedication in the field of arts and culture.

"The town that has an identity, that has its own is a legacy for the future."
So, let's love our art and culture.







😎KUYA JESS ART TALK INTERVIEW with Solar Artist JORDAN MANG-OSAN, " SOLAR MAN OF THE PHILIPPINES"
Photo credit to: Ram Castillo
Location: TAM-AWAN VILLAGE GARDEN IN THE SKY
Tam-awan Village, 366- C Pinsao Proper, Baguio City, Philippines
13th TAM-AWAN INTERNATIONAL ARTS FESTIVAL 25th ANNIVERSARY


I am Jordan Mang-Osan a Tam-Awan Village Artist.
I am a genuine Igorot artist.
My medium is a kind of medium that uses sunlight and a magnifying glass.

Photo credit to: Ompong Tan



Jordan Mang-Osan, I am a genuine Igorot Artist



I call it solar drawing or solar pyrography art.
This medium is a type of art creation where you use sunlight and a magnifying glass.
Your material is that you can find something of your interest that can burn. Such as plywood, wood and bamboo.
Or any material that can burn. This medium is actually not my original.
I adapted this to a famous artist here in Baguio, Santiago Bose. He was the first to show art making here in Baguio.

Santi Bose, was a Mixed Media Artist 
and community organizer from the Philippines who co-founded the Baguio Arts Guild. 

When he was gone, I just continued and made my own style.
I now call it a solar drawing or solar pyrography.
Title: Kalaleng di Men-Arem (Flute of the Suitor)
Medium: Solar Drawing
Year: 2023
Size: 4x3ft

What is the art of pyrography? Pyrography, also known as wood burning, is an art form that involves using a heated tool, typically a pen-like instrument, to burn designs onto wood surfaces. The word "pyrography" originates from the Greek words "pyro" (fire) and "graphos" (writing), emphasizing the use of heat for creating art.

Title: Tayan (Ancestral Domain) Medium: Rubber Cut Year:2023

QUESTION & ANSWERS

KUYA JESS Q. - Sir, how important is culture to you?

JORDAN A. - Of course, we live, culture is part of our daily life. not just showing our works. because it's our way of life. not just what we say but what we do. there are rituals that we perform on various traditional occasions. I want to preserve and promote and show the majority that this is the life and tradition of the cordillera here in our area.


JORDAN A. - Brother, for me, culture is very important in today's changing times. as an Igorot artist, I am still the one who preserves the culture because I don't leave it, I still perform the rituals to be done in our home, I do it. "Not only because I show my work of art but because I do, and I act." All traditions or things that happened in my life or like building my house have a ritual! Even at weddings and those who passed away, I made that a ritual. I performed my duty to perform the ritual, for these occasions! how important is the role of an artist for the town? With us, they didn't know about being an artist.

JORDAN MANG-OSAN @ Roofless Art Studio

Being an artist was a way of life in our tribe here in the cordillera. our art is not only known to us in the tribe, but it is art because it is our life. that's like making a rice field and dap-ay is one of the so-called arts. When it comes to visual arts, we also have tattoos on the body that are still being drawn and done. The only thing we didn't have here in the cordillera was film making.

But in fact, there are young people who are making short films. but now we have added the ability to make a short film that we didn't have before. Actually, all forms of art are here in our tribe. all the beautiful rice terraces are still here! The so-called art is part of the daily life of the Igorot people. Identity is important or you have your own identity that can be seen as you! when young artists come, you can't stop them, because this is what the youth are doing today. but to me they can collaborate between technology and traditional.


Traditional way of making art because it is contemporary. As long as the image of culture and tradition is still there. So, for me it is possible to collaborate now. As an Igorot artist, what I can advise young people who want to be artists is to be patient, be humble, and that's you. because if you really want to be an artist, you have focus and discipline.

"You don't have to be a rich person to be an artist. Because being poor is not an obstacle to make art."


KUYA JESS Q. - Sir, how do you feel about the 25th anniversary?



JORDAN A. - As a member of tam-Awan village artist of course you are happy! because you made it this year! that you are still here and with various Philippine artists. I said earlier that I passed through many Tam-Awan villages. but still standing here and encourage foreigners or tourists to see the culture and lifestyle here in the cordillera. it is not necessary to go to the interior to see the life of the Igorot's there. but here it is seen first in the city itself.









CLICK HERE:
https://shope.ee/4VBamVbtej?share_channel_code=5
https://shope.ee/3KzdOTqZXA?share_channel_code=5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE MANILA CLOCK TOWER MUSEUM #manilaclocktowermuseum #art #artsandcultu...

The 1st National Coffee Art Camp EP. 1 #coffee #coffeart #art #coffeeart...

THE NEXT TAM-AWAN ARTS AND MUSIC FESTIVAL | ART TALK interview with Chit...